September 11, 2011

Dislocato Girl

No. 1: Shark bite - Right knee :P
So, on Tuesday I woke up with a swollen face and a dislocated jaw, and my joints wouldn't stop hurting. I went to uni, tried to ignore it, and then realised around 3pm that I couldn't actually feel my left hand. Apparently, my 'good' shoulder had subluxed or dislocated, and thus we welcome back Disclocato Girl.
No. 2: Screws in, screws out (please!)
It means I'll be in a sling for a little while, and usually my emotions would be completely out of whack, but this time, I seem to be doing ok. The people that I've been around have been absolutely amazing.

No. 3: Gun shot wound.
So a big thank you to everyone who has been there for me in the past week. The last few times I've found out I'm going to need more surgery, I've been an utter mess, but this time I've managed to get through relatively unscathed. Without getting soppy, you've all helped me see past the shitty side of this. I know what's coming, which doesn't help in the slightest, but I also know I'll get through it. I'll watch the whole of Grey's Anatomy again, sneak off to the beach when no one's watching and float around in the water, eat a damn lot of ice cream, and more importantly, I know that this time there'll be people I can call at 2am in the morning when the horrible post-surgery insomnia begins.

Soon-to-be No. 4
Chilling with my sling and showing off some of my scars :P



2 comments:

Cindy said...

Rhiiiiiiiiii :(

Anonymous said...

Call anytime fellow insomniac!!! from your sick buddy :)