June 27, 2011

The Singapore Chronicles - June 26 & 27

So much to say! I really dunno where to start.

Yesterday, Bec and I went out with her parents on her Dad's boat. It was a really nice day, even though when we went swimming I discovered Bec wasn't lying about the water being a tad disgusting :P Singapore's a giant port city, so there's a bit of sludge on the ocean floor from all the oil. It doesn't stop the seafood being amazing though! :P

With Bec on the boat :)

We went to this island (I think) off the coast, and ate out the back of a restaurant type thing that's apparently like Singapore in the 70's. It was pretty rad :D So much food though! We had baby squid, a whole fish (which was super scary looking, but damned tasty), fried rice, tofu, and pepper crab, which was my favourite! So messy, cause you have to crack the shell open and pull the meat out yourself, but it was so worth it!

Afterwards, I unintentionally locked myself in a bathroom (long story, but I spent quite a long time in there...it was rather hilarious), we went to Bec's Grandma's house, and moved into Bec's apartment (which is technically Bec's Mum's, but you know) :P It's kinda awesome here! For one, the view is absolutely incredible, it's close to amazing food - for dinner I had some scrumptious chicken noodles and a caramel ice coffee thingo (why do we not have Starbucks and Coffee Bean in Perth?), and it's really nice to just chill out here!

View - Not such a great photo, but ah well :P

Today, was Universal Studios. So freaking awesome!


I tried kaya toast, which is...sugary? Haha I don't really know what it is but it's pretty tasty.

One of the rad food courts in SG - where I got my kaya toast!

Bec and I took far too many photos...or not enough, hard to tell :P And went on some pretty cool rides. I also got drenched on the jurassic park ride :P Probably my favourite ride was the Mummy one though, purely because Bec and I thought it was going to be ridiculous and a waste of our life, and then suddenly the car moved backwards, it went pitch black and we went flying! Was absolutely fantastic :D There's an awesome video as well of the Madagascar characters dancing. I was dancing along with them and Bec was telling herself "Just people in costumes. Just people in costumes." Was really quite entertaining :P


Anyways, there's so much more I could write about but I feel weird writing out my day-to-day doings in narrative style like this.

Lots of love! Rhi :)

Oh oh! Actually, before I go, I must tell you about this weird thing in Singapore! ...well, actually it's perfectly logical but it weirds me out :P Because so much of Singapore's population lives in apartments, to dry their washing, they have these poles that they stick out their windows! If I was any good at photography, I'm sure I would be able to take a seriously rad photo, but for now, this is the best I can do.


Night all! :)

2 comments:

Jess F said...

lmao! I love the picture of you and Bec with that thing from madagascar. HAHAHA!

p.s. kaya is made out of egg! just in case you were still wondering what you had been eating. hehehe.

Unknown said...

hehe yeah i like that one too :D

ooohhh ok...that makes sense :D