July 16, 2012

Le Fotografie e il Cibo

I've been a-cooking and it's been oh so much fun! My ever-lovely friend Chloe bought me paella rice from Spain! :O I was whinging about a tiny amount of proper paella rice costing exorbitant amounts over in Perth land (think $25 for a teensy little jar) and so she came back from Europe with this for me! Greatest gift :D

I finally got around to cooking up a batch of chicken paella with it the other day and oh my it was tasty.




Chocolate (the dog) would've liked to try some as well :P

Next of the cooking adventures was completely organic Pumpkin and Fetta Ravioli with Three Cheese & Nutmeg sauce from scratch and with no recipe!! :D Given how few times me and my friend, Michael (below) have made pasta from scratch before it was a bit scary, especially cause we didn't have a pasta maker so we had to roll it all out with a rolling pin.

It all paid off though and turned out pretty fantastically, if I do say so myself, even if I didn't take a photo because it was so darn ugly :P

For the pasta we were going to use a recipe, but then Duncan, one of the owners of Dark Star Coffee, told me I should just use 100g of flour to 1 egg, knead it together, stick it in the fridge for half an hour and it'd be good to go (once it's rolled out obviously). Try it people! It's awesome.

For the filling we fried off two small onions, some pumpkin (who knows how much) and some nutmeg, mashed it up and chopped in some feta.

Finally, 1 tbsp of flour mixed in with 1 tbsp of melted butter (while still on the heat), stirring the whole time, and then add milk seriously slowly (stirring, stirring, stirring), and once your happy with the viscosity, add so much cheese!! Easy peasy!



And then there's just a couple photos of the seriously amazing house Michael is house-sitting, because I couldn't resist. Have a great week everyone :) Rhi xx



4 comments:

Cindy said...

Yummm we should get together and have a really cute cooking session/feast one day

Unknown said...

I love Paella, it's my favorite dish to feed crowds with. I'm jealous you got rice from Spain :)

sonia // daring coco said...

Urgh that paella looks so, so good, I'm so jealous you didn't invite me round for some LOL! Go you and your cooking skills!

PS: those little sardine tin artwork thingys! Who are they by? I need them for my wall!
Hope your having an awesome day!
SDMxx
www.daringcoco.com

Tamaras Blend said...

Ohhhh this looks so delicious! I love lots of vegetables in the summer.